I’ve had a craving for S’mores since last summer, so when I finally made S’mores cupcakes for Dustin’s birthday, I thought the craving for S’mores would go away. Not the case. Every time I see the mini marshmallows in the cabinet I want to bust them out and eat them with chocolate and graham crackers. I’ve always liked S’mores, but they were never one of my favorite things. I think people always toast the marshmallows too much, burning them. Just melt them enough to be warm and sticky for me.
I’ve made chocolate oatmeal several times when it hit me. This would be a great opportunity to bust out the marshmallows and take my oatmeal from plain chocolate to S’mores. Brilliant.
- 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats
- 1 cup of chocolate almond milk (regular milk works fine, but chocolate enhances the chocolatey flavor)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
- sweetener to taste (I used four packets of stevia)
- 1 sheet of honey graham crackers, crumbled
- 1/4 cup of marshmallows, plus more for garnishing
- Cooked oats in milk for around two minutes over medium high heat.
- Add in mashed banana, sweetener, and cocoa powder. Cook for another 5 minutes or so, stirring constantly.
- Add in marhsmallows, stirring until there are swirls of melted marshmallow throughout the oatmeal.
- Continue to cook until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into bowls and sprinkle with graham crackers crumbs. Add a few more marshmallows on top . Enjoy!