When Dustin cooked up those Thai peanut butter burgers with grilled pineapple rings, we didn't simply purchase pineapple rings from the grocery store. We actually bought a whole pineapple, as intimidating as it looks, and chopped it up ourselves.
For some reason my mind just screamed pineapple curd. So that's exactly what I made with the leftovers. It looks just like the lemon curd I made before, but even more delicious. Slathered on top of homemade english muffins (coming soon!), this curd is oh so good!
- 1 cup pineapple puree (place chunks of fresh pineapple in the blender, then measure)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together the pineapple puree and sugar in a medium sized sauce pan over medium-high heat until mixture begins to bubble.
- Whisk the egg yolks together in medium sized bowl, then slowly add a little bit of the hot pineapple mixture to the yolks, mixing.
- Turn down the heat to low, then add the yolk-pineapple mixture back to the saucepan.
- Add the cornstarch and salt and continue to mix until mixture has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
- Transfer to a glass jar, and once cooled. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.